Guided ranger walks every Thursday (May to September only)
There's no better way to discover the natural beauty of the Cairngorm Mountains than by taking a ranger guided walk.
The full day walk takes you close to the corries in search of the wildlife that survives and thrives in the mountain environment. You will be walking on a mix of constructed footpaths and open ground, so sturdy footwear is required.
Booking is essential to join a guided walk, please pay and collect your tickets from the Cairngorm Mountain shop at 10.30am. Your ranger will greet you at the ranger base at 10.45am ready to set off on your journey. The tours return by 4pm.
What to take with you
• Good strong footwear, full waterproofs, hat, gloves, packed lunch, drinks and snacks.
Costs and booking
• Adult - £15, Junior (aged 6 to 16) - £10.
• To guarantee your place, please phone 01479 861327 before 4pm the previous day to check availability. If no one is available, please leave your name and phone number and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
• Please pay in the shop on the morning of your walk.
• A maximum of six people and minimum of two people per ranger.
The guided walks are subject to current government guidelines. To make sure the walk is enjoyable and safe for all, a number of adaptations are in place, including:
• We will ask you to walk in household groups and stop frequently to chat.
• Before the walk, we will ask you to complete a questionnaire to assist with contact tracing.
• Guests on guided walks will not need to wear face coverings.
• Unfortunately, we are currently unable to lend any equipment.
You may have seen us on TV! Featured in Ski Sunday, BBC Springwatch, BBC Street Doctors, '25 Things Before you Die' - Dining in the Ptarmigan Restaurant - The Herald 2007. Highland Life Magazine, Green Planet, Scottish Field, Open Country, BBC Out of Doors.....
Other Quality Awards
Gold Green Tourism Award
Walking - Cairngorm Mountain
Cairngorms National Park